Before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls the apocryphal book of Enoch (more precisely, I Enoch) was known only in an Ethiopic translation. Now as many as twenty fragmentary copies of the Aramaic original have been found at Qumran, which suggests that Enoch and perhaps other books now considered apocryphal were regarded as authoritative Scripture at least by some groups. Allusions to Enoch occur at least fourteen times in the New Testament; the New Testament Letter of Jude quotes from Enoch as having the authority of inspired Scripture (Jude 14-15). In some copies of the Ethiopic Bible Enoch is included in the canon.
Jubilees, the so-called Rewritten Bible, was apparently considered authoritative at Qumran: At least fifteen copies of this book have been identified, an immediate indication of the importance the Qumran sectarians attached to it. To this day, it is considered canonical by the Abyssinian Church in Ethiopia. (pp. 160-161, The Mystery and Meaning of the Dead Sea Scrolls)
Did Jesus Quote from the Book of Enoch ?
It is possible Jesus confirmed the Book of Enoch by calling it Scripture, even quoting from it. There is a phrase in Matthew 22:30 which is close to a quote from the Book of Enoch. Jesus teaches a principle that angels in heaven don’t marry, but this principle isn’t found anywhere in the Old Testament. It is found only in the book of Enoch. Since the book of Enoch was found with the Qumran Texts (Dead Sea Scrolls), we know it was in existence during the time of Christ. Is it conceivable that Christ was quoting from the Book of Enoch?
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven”. (Mat 22:30)
But you were ⌈formerly⌉ spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling”. (Book of Enoch 15:6-7)
How should we treat EXTRA-BIBLICAL TEXTS?
Bottom line: We just don’t allow them to create doctrine! Meaning where they disagree with scripture (the 66 books of the Cannon) we just ignore them. Some books like Jasher have interesting things, but depart from the basics of scriptural doctrine. A good example is its support of the “seed theory’ which I reject, but it does mention angels mating with humans which I feel Genesis the Sixth Chapter is explaining to the reader. So we “eat the meat and spit out the bones” so to speak. Any augment made should be an augment from scripture backed up by, or “colored” so to speak with historical texts, archeology, and extra-Biblical texts. However, if a point of view can only be supported by reference to extra-Biblical texts then it should be held as a “tongue-in-cheek” idea, or rejected outright. The “seed theory” I mentioned earlier is a non-scriptural heresy that Cain was the product of Eve and Satan. The Bible does not support this notion, only the Book of Jasher, hence we shouldn’t build a belief involving Cain being the seed of Satan based purely upon the Book of Jasher. Simple: Let scripture (the Cannon) reign, and support the text with extra-Biblical material, historical texts, and archeology don’t create beliefs based upon extra-Biblical material.
- Fallen Angels (fallenangels-ckquarterman.com)
- The Days of Noah were the Days of the Nephilim: Genesis Sixth Chapter (fallenangels-ckquarterman.com)
- FALLEN ANGELS AND THE GREAT APOSTASY – FALLING AWAY (fallenangels-ckquarterman.com)
- Return of the Fallen Angels (nephilimgiants.com)
- GIANTS AS DESCRIBED BY RABBINIC LITERATURE (fallenangels-ckquarterman.com)
- Nephilim are Giant offspring due to irruption by fallen angels (fallenangels-ckquarterman.com)
- Fallen Angels In The Land Of Canaan…Part 1
- Modern Alien – Fallen Angel – Abductions
- Who were the beneha’elohim ? Were they Fallen Angels ?
- Fallen Angle Incursions
- Giants are Coming!
- The Book of Enoch and Demons
- Stargates, Portals, Orbs, and Fallen Angels
- Fallen Angels Have Attempted to Censor Biblical History
- Who Are the Nephilim and the Elouid the Children of Fallen Angels?
- A Giant is Spotted! Nephilim Giants are Alive Today!
- DESOLATE PLANET – GAP THEORY – RUIN-RESTORATION CREATIONISM
- Modern Alien – Fallen Angel- Abductions
- UFO’s: GOOD OR BAD, FALLEN ANGELS OR DEMONS
- PRE-ADAMITE HIGH TECHNOLOGY – OOPARTS
- Parts of Modern DNA derived from Nephilim, the product of Fallen Angels and human interbreeding
- Do Angels Fallen or otherwise have wings
- The Book of Jude